Thursday, May 16, 2013

Nemesis conquered

So last night I wrote about staring the Poetry Nemesis in the face and wrestling it to the ground. Well, the result was only so-so. But I did it! Today, I had the chance to rework it after getting some great help and direction (and yes, support) from a fellow writer (Hi, Genius!). Which means I feel a little less awkward in presenting my first poem in roughly 10 years. :) 



The Wanderer

Beyond the Blue Horizon
there is nothing, only the
Void.
A landscape bare
where shifting winds
tear at the
Lost and the Lonely.
Swaddled in the
oppressive haze,
these stolen souls
wander.
Blinded.
Rendered deaf.
Soon to be pulled
under.

There is where you will find
me.
Savoured, 
swallowed whole.
Buried alive and left to rot
in this filthy, acidic
hole.  
Blue sky, untouchable.
I am brought so low.
So far beneath the surface.
Slowly
growing old.

I am gone.
I ran away from you.
There is no going back
this, I accept.
Only
I am still going.
Drifting miles apart from the
me I once knew.


D. Forde

No comments:

Post a Comment